Saturday, February 4, 2017

Note of Thanks

You seriously know that your craft time has been curtailed when it takes almost a week to finish one card. I've spent so much time with the twins this week that I couldn't get this card finished. And it isn't all that complicated. My DH saved me today by taking the first shift with the twins. So I was able to grocery shop and finish this card. But I have the evening shift tonight so I'll be back with them very shortly.
This card is a product of a video from Jennifer McGuire. She makes everything look so easy but I actually had a lot of trouble getting my die cut sentiment to work out.


I love how the card turned out. It has a beautiful ombre color because I used one of my favorite distress inks: peacock feathers. The embossed white background is a Penny Black background stamp. The sentiment and thanks die cut is from Alte New. The edges were also inked with peacock feathers distress ink so they are a perfect match. The three circles of card stock was punched from a scrap in my scrap box. I added a strip of vellum under the three circles and the thanks. I used the Tuesday Morning Sketch as inspiration.



I am entering these challenges:
The twins will be 4 months old on Monday. I hope to have some updated pictures of them on my blog that day. So stay tuned. I am off to see if I can get a quick birthday card done before I have to go babysit. Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog. Happy weekend!

Donna


15 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

It turned out beautiful! I love the peacock blue. Has your daughter gone back to work? Is that why you are taking care of the kids? We have our grand babies tomorrow for a few hours. They all just got back from being at the beach for a week with other grand parents. Wow....taking care of twins...fun but exhausting.

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!!
Sounds like the twins are keeping you busy! But I'm sure you love it, and what a blessing they must be!!
Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Shelly Schmidt said...

I just love this card- the ombre effect is great, and I just love the die cut sentiment. Glad you had some stamping time. Are you babysitting 5 days a week? Are the babies sleeping during the day while you are there???

Aileen said...

Your card looks stunning. So loving this look of the colour fading out.

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, especially the color. I never think to use my vellum, but it always adds an elegant touch. I love the white embossing on the bottom.

Thank you for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week!
Evelyn

Inkyfingers said...

So glad you got some time off to craft! Your card is so pretty and the stacked sentiment is really effective!

Pam said...

What a gorgeous card you created Donna!!! I love the color! I know you are enjoying the twins but little ones can be exhausting! It is wonderful that you and your husband can help out, that's what family is for. When my girls were little and the times that I did work, my parents took care of them. What a relief to know that they were WELL taken care of. I know that it is greatly appreciated!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

L.B. said...

Turned out very pretty. Love the blue to white fade up. Thanks for sharing with us at Die Cuttin' Divas and the Anything Goes challenge this week.

Melissa Craig said...

I love Jennifer McGuire's ideas. I love this technique, too. You did a great job with it - this is stunning. I need more background stamps. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Patti said...

This is just beautiful Donna. I love the ombre and embossing. I'm a big Jennifer McGuire fan too :)Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Lisa Lynn said...

I agree with you on Jennifer's ideas, but your card looks gorgeous! I love the blue color. I guess being Grandparents is more than a full-time job for you. The grandkids and your son are so lucky to have you so close to be involved!!!

scrappymo! said...

Your card is beautiful. I love that partially inky sentiment. It looks fabulous!

Nandini said...

Amazing colors and the background and sentiment both look gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at ATSM. All the very best and hope to see you again in our gallery soon. Nandini, DT

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Lovely card, thanks for sharing with Inspiration Destination. Wendy DT xx

Glenda Atkins said...

A very beautiful card Donna, love the inking on the bottom half of the card. I must get around to looking at Jennifer's videos. This is quite wonderful.
hugs
Glenda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...