Monday, December 5, 2016

Santa Meets Snowmen

Time is just rolling by and before you know it Christmas will be here. I'm finishing up my cards this week (or I hope to) so I have two cards today. I am working on challenges for the Holiday Chaos at Catch the Bug. This card is for day 2 which was a sketch challenge:



The Bugaboo image that I used is Snow Friends Window. I colored the majority with Bic markers but I used some Copic markers also. The snowflake designer paper is Merry & Bright digital paper from Imagine That! Designs by Kris. The border is Magnolia Berry Lace and I backed it with scraps of colored card stock to give it some color. The sentiment is from a retired Stampin' Up! stamp set/\.
I am entering these challenges:
My second project is for Day 3 of Catch the Bug Holiday Chaos. The challenge was to make a tag with red and white stripes/


The image is Stocking Santa HoHoHo and is currently free at Bugaboo Stamps. Go pick that one up while you can. I colored the image with Copics and used Diamond Stickles to make him sparkle. The red and white striped background is washi tape. I die cut the image with Gina Marie Designs Cross Stitch Rectangles and popped it up with foam tape. The tag is die cut from MFT Pierced Fishtail Flags. I added some red ribbon (recycled from one of my Christmas packages last year). I thought it turned out adorable. By the way the ceramic tree behind the tag was another crafty project that I made years ago. It's always one of the first Christmas decorations that I put up each year.
I am entering these challenges:
I started with post with time rolling by and believe it or not tomorrow the twins will be 2 months old. I am going to the doctor with them tomorrow and they get their first shots (sad face). But I'll share some updated pictures of them tomorrow. It's amazing how fast they are growing. So stayed tuned for that. Thanks for dropping by today. 
Hugs,
Donna




12 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Donna!

You won a prize on my blog here...http://www.handmadebyheatherruwe.com/2016/12/i-love-neat-tangled-wrap-up-and-giveaway.html

Please email me using the CONTACT ME button on the top of my blog to claim your winnings! :)

Heather Ruwe

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I'm into snowmen this year...finished my ca do and mailed and now wondering if I need to make tags...haha. 2months!!! Hard to believe.

Jen Leeflang said...

How adorable! Thanks for joining our Bugaboo Holiday Chaos event this week - I hope you come back every day.
Love
Jen
Bugaboo DT

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, great card and tag. Love the bright coloring on your card and great idea to use washi tape on the tag. Enjoy the twins!

Jan said...

This is lovely. Thanks for joining us at TTCRD xx Jan

ScrappyHorses said...

Hey, Donna! These are adorable; love the coloring on the card and the stripes turned out great! Definitely come over to PoP and play; we'd love to see you there. I'm up NW of Indy in the Lebanon area. We grew up in the southern part of the state ~ Seymour. It's so beautiful down there around Brown Co.

Stef H said...

for some reason i'm not getting your posts thru bloglovin'! good thing you visit my blog!

cute, cute cards!

really? 2 months already? yikes! time sure is flying fast! bet you're loving the gramma game too!

what a wonderful holiday you will have! i'm so happy for all of you.

have a great week. stay warm!

hugs :)

Pam said...

Hello Donna, I love your cute Christmas creations! That Bugaboo image with the snowmen peeking in the window is soooo cute and you made an adorable card with it! Your tag is a real cutie too!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Glenda Atkins said...

aaah, love your Tag Donna, so Christmassy and fun! Love your ceramic from what I can see. You are a talented lady!
hugs
Glenda

Lin said...

2 fun projects, Donna! Love that blue snowflake one, such a great sentiment! Thanks for sharing these with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Kathy said...

Both projects are amazing. Love the cute tag. And you picked the perfect image for the first card, great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Holiday Chaos at Catch the Bug.

Heather said...

The card is very cute! Love the image and the sentiment is so fun. And the tag is adorable! Love the stripes. Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...