Thursday, August 25, 2016

Rudolph Days

Oh, man! I messed up a bit. I thought today was the 24th of August and not the 25th and forgot to post one of my design team cards. Today I am thrilled to say that I've joined the design team for Rudolph Days! Do you know about Rudolph Days? It's a challenge to help you get your Christmas cards started. On the 25th of each month the challenge begins and runs until the end of the month. Just a short time to do one card that gets you to your goal of having your Christmas cards done before Christmas comes. Being on vacation has left my brain mush. (I suppose that's why I don;t know what day it is!) But I hope you will join us and make one card to add to Maureen's blog post and Rudolph Days. Here's my cards.

These are simple set of Christmas cards. I am making a set of these for my FIL to send this Christmas, 32 in all. I used Imagine That!Designs by Kris Elegant Ornaments stamp set. I love this set. The beautiful silhouettes just pop right off the page. I used red/green card stock for the layering base. The ored/green ovals were cut from the rectangular layering base to save card stock. I printed the images and then used 4 different die cuts to be able to cut them all at one time. Each of the four have a different embossing folder. I just layered them up. The inside of the card has a sentiment from the Elegant Ornaments stamp set. It reads "Love came down at Christmas and His nae is Jesus.





Well, friends it is August. Have you begun your Christmas cards yet? Come join us at Rudolph Days!
I am entering these challenges:
My apologies to Maureen and the design team for being late. I am blaming vacation brain on this one! Have a wonderful day!

Donna





15 comments:

scrappymo! said...

These are all so wonderful I love the pop of colour from the coloured mats...they look great against the black and white of the rest of the card and of the images.
I have this stamp too and love it as well!

Thanks for being part of the Rudolph Days Design Team.

Marie Bingaman said...

Very pretty set! I'm sure your FIL will be proud to send these out! Thanks for joining us at CHNC Extra! :)

~Marie B -DT

Gloria said...

Love your elegant design!
I'm very happy to meet you at Rudolph days challenge! xx

Pam said...

Your cards are so elegant and beautiful! I just love embossing!!! Wonderful image and love how you changed up the oval die cut mats.
Pam
scrap-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a beautiful set of cards Donna...love how you used a common oval element in all of them.I love the oval shape and have a tiny addiction to buy oval dies!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Anonymous said...

these are all so pretty! i love how you varied the designs with different embossing folders and frames!
linda
rudolph days challlenge design team mate

AlisonC said...

Beautiful cards, the effect of the black on white with a little colour is perfect. And making them all slightly different keeps it intersting, doesn't it.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I adore that stamp, and you used them so beautifully. Awesome set of cards- so pretty I may have to CASE them... : ) So pretty with the pop of red/green too. Congrats on your new DT!!!

Greta said...

Beautifully designed cards--love them!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Fabulous Christmas cards. I love the variety of framing die cuts you used and the dry embossing textures. Thanks for sharing this lovely card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More blog. Please join us again soon!
:) Marie ATSM DT

Martina Svoboda said...

So gentle and beautiful. really festive:) Thank you so much for joining us at Adiicted to Stamps and More!
Martina

BożenA said...

So many beautiful cards in one place :-)! Your cards are delicate and subtle. Very beautiful. Excellent CAS. I love embossed background so different in each cards.
Hugs,
BożenA

LesleyG said...

Beautifully elegant cards, and I love your batch bake techniques, like gutting the mat to make the ovals, and cutting different shapes, so you can cut more at once, very useful tips :) xxx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a nice batch of cards. They are very elegant.

Heather said...

So simple, but that image really makes them beautiful!! And the embossed background finished them off perfectly. Thanks for playing with CHNCC2. (sorry I'm so late in commenting)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...