Friday, July 15, 2016

Our Big Reveal Party

Happy Friday! I can't wait until the weekend is in full swing. I'm looking forward to some crafting time I hope. Today I have a special post over at Imagine That! Creative Playground. Kristy asked me to be part of the design team and I said "yes." So today is my first post for Imagine that! Digis by Kristy.
Some of you already knew that my daughter and SIL are expecting twins and last Sunday they held a "reveal" party at our house. So I made a few things for the occasion. First off is a centerpiece for the table.

I hand drew the question mark on foam core board and cut out with an exacto knife. I then traced the foam core onto Imagine That!'s Sweet Pastel Digi Paper. I used the plaid paper because I am so into plaid these days and the colors were perfect. I covered the foam core front and back. Then adhered the question mark to the candle. I created two treat boxes using the Sweet Pastels Digi Paper and the Baby Boy Digi Paper. You can find the pattern for the baby bottle treat boxes at Maria's Inspired and Unscripted blog. I used the pre-colored digis from Little Blessings to decorate the front and back of the bottle treat boxes. Here's a closer look at the baby bottles.


I also created a card for the occasion.




The sentiment (which is so totally adorable!) is from the Little Blessing stamp set. I'd bought this Gina Marie Designs Quilt die several months ago and had never used it. And since I LOVE this plaid paper so much (did I mention that?) I had to use it with this die. So I used the Sweet Pastel Digi paper again to create this card. I punched the sentiment out with an ekSuccess punch and inked it with Peacock Feathers distress ink.
Here's the sets I used:



I am entering these challenges:
So now that I showed you the decorations I suppose I should tell you the big "reveal!" The twins are a boy and a girl. Baby A is Arthur Alexander and Baby B is Valerie Renee. I am busy crocheting baby blankets and whatever else I can get together before they are born. June 30th was my last full time day at work. I'm just working 2 days a week now and when the babies are born I'll be retiring completely to help with the twins. What could be better than a full-time grandma! I'm looking forward to it. Happy Friday! Thanks for stopping by and I hope your weekend is awesome!







6 comments:

Billie A said...

Awesome projects. Great idea and so glad you shared over at Inspiration Destination.
Billie A
Inspiration Destination
Catch the bug
Creative with Stamps
Aud Sentiments

Shelly Schmidt said...

You are going to have such a blast!!! Twins are so much fun- mine are b/g also : ) So many fun memories! I love your fun baby reveal items- and do love that pink plaid paper. Congrats on joining his DT!

Céline said...

so gorgeous
thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
hugs
céline

Stef H said...

o how fabulous! a boy AND a girl!
what great creations!
prayers coming to all.

hugs :)

MAKKE FOAR DY said...

Wonderful creations!!
I hope the little ones are ok and that you will have a lot of fun with them cuddling, playing and so on!

Thank you for joining our ATG challenge at Through the craft room door!
Hope to see you back next week!

Aly DT member TTCRD
www.stempelhus.nl

Pam said...

How fun and exciting! Your baby reveal creations turned out awesome! So excited for you!!!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...