Monday, June 27, 2016

Granny's Rocker

As some of you may know, my daughter is expecting twins and from testing done last week we know that they do not have the same medical problems as our first grandson that we lost last fall. So we are getting excited to be grandparents and be able to hold these new little blessings. So as I made this card today I was thinking about rocking these two new little babies and this card made me smile.


The image is from Beccy's Place called Gran's Chair. I used the pre-colored version. The plaid paper is from Imagine That! Digis by Kris from the set called Pregnant Peggy. I cut the image with Spellbinder's Standard Circles. The blue background piece is die cut with Gina Marie Designs Cross Stitched Rectangles. I inked the edges of the circle with Mowed Lawn distress ink. The sentiment is doe cut from MFT Pierced Fishtail Flags. The sentiment is from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles. I used The Paper Players sketch for inspiration.



I am entering these challenges:
I hope my card makes you smile today too. Make it an awesome week. I think I need this week to recover from Girl Scout day camp last week. LOL! Back to work tomorrow. Ugh!

Donna



10 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

What a cute card! I love the image and the story about it. Best wishes and prayers that your sweet grandbabies will be healthy and happy. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

Beccy said...

Twins! How exciting for you and your family Donna, and I'm so pleased that the tests are showing that the babies are healthy, awesome news!
The card you created is wonderful. I love all the beautiful bright colours in the background paper and I think the blue was a fabulous choice for the solid areas. Great job!
Cheers,
Beccy

Lori m said...

Gorgeous card, love the sentiment, hugs, Lori m

Stef H said...

this is fabulous. every new mom and grandparent needs a rocker!!!

prayers for all.

hugs :)

Pam said...

This is such a cute card! I love the sweet image and the beautiful plaid background (I love plaid)! So happy you had a great time at Girl Scout camp. The housework ugh, were doing the same. Our daughter and her husband and The baby are coming for a visit! We are so excited!!! They will be here Friday. I have been busy making little dresses for Ruby, we just can;t wait to see her!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Barbara said...

What a lovely thought to,be able to rock those babies in this cute rocking chair. I know you will be the chance to do just that. Best wishes to your daughter and the new babies. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday. Hope to see you again.
Barbara

Claire Broadwater said...

Donna, I just love your plaid background! The rocking chair looks so beautiful and the story even better! I had twins and they are such a blessing! SO happy for you! Thank you for sharing with the Paper Players this week! XX

JoAnn said...

Such a cute card. Congratulations on the expected twin grandbabies. Prayers that all will go well.
Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Congratulations Donna and wishing the twins a safe arrival! I love the plaid background to your card and the wonderful old fashioned rocking chair. Thanks for joining my sketch challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Jodene said...

Wow, twins! Double the blessings and double the love, how exciting! I love your card, it is so sweet. Thank you for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...