Monday, May 16, 2016

A Little Miracle, I Hope

Last Friday I had the opportunity and the honor to go with my daughter and son-in-law to the doctor as they had their first visit since she found out she was pregnant again. Some of you may remember we lost their first child last November. So when she got pregnant again of course we are being cautiously optimistic that this child will not have the same problem as out little Alexander did. So Friday we got to see the sonogram and our first peek had our mouths dropping open. Tricia is carrying twins. Oh my! One child will turn their lives upside down and two will put them in a tail spin. I've never had twins but I know how much work one child is at a time. I can't imagine two. It's a little too early to tell if there are any genetic abnormalities but as soon as the 20 weeks comes I'm sure they will be testing given her history. She's at 14+ weeks right now. So I made her this card last night to kind of celebrate.


I used a retired Gina K set called Wee Tees. The sentiment and the lady bug and car are from the same set. I framed them with Spellbinder's Edge Frames. And the little car and lady bug are die cut with Spellbinder's Heart Circles. I paper pieced the onesies with my MISTI. 
I am entering these challenges:
With the news of the twins I am thinking I may have to retire a bit earlier than expected. Tricia's due date is November 11th. But with twins I doubt they wait that long. And she delivered Alex two months early. So I'll discuss this with my boss when I go back to work tomorrow. But I doubt that I work until December like I thought I would. We are just hoping and praying for happy, healthy babies right now. Thanks for stopping by today for my news. Make it a wonderful week!

Donna


8 comments:

Pam said...

Oh Donna I am soooooo happy for you all!!! How exciting, twins! Your card is just darling and I just know your daughter will love and cherish it! When I went down to Florida last Sept./Oct. I was helping Amy organize Ruby's closet which they had used as a storage closet for many years. I opened a box and it was full of all of the cards I have made for them over the years! It was so sweet and really made me feel good!
I will be praying for your daughter and those precious babies.
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

scrappymo! said...

Congratulations, Grandma! I pray that all will be well with these precious babies...
Hugs
Maureen

Stef H said...

OMG, twins!!!! now THAT'S double blessing for sure!!!
congrats to all!

hugs :)

MaryH said...

What delightfully happy news you've shared, and my prayers and best wishes for all happiness with this wonderful news too! I can guess you folks are on pins & needles. But so excited. Hope your daughter is feeling well also. What a wonderful reason for early retirement, and how fortunate you are close enough to lend a helping hand. What fun it will be. Love this little onesie 'two-fer'. Especially apt just now, and so cute! Big hugs to you and Mommy-to-be. TFS & for sharing your wonderful news.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news that you are going to be a Grandma of twins! Best Wishes to your daughter and her family! This card is absolutely adorable and I am sure your daughter will love it. Thank you for joining us at HIMCR this week!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I was away when I ready this wonderful, joyful post. I'm just now able to reply....I'm so thrilled...OMG...just awesome. The family is in my thoughts and prayers during the months of come and wow what fun planning you all will have.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Such a sweet creation, love the text!!

Thank you for sharing with us at Inspiration Destination this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

LauraEva said...

oh what a cute card!!! Congrats!!! How exciting! thank you for joining us over on the HIMCR blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...