Sunday, August 2, 2015

One Layer Challenge

Happy Sunday! It's time once again for the Outlawz CAS challenge and let me tell you today's challenge was REALLY a challenge for me. Please don't let that deter you from playing along with us this week. I'm sure that this would be easy peasy for lots of people, but for me it wasn't. Let's just say I have never started a card over so many times in all the years I've been paper crafting. LOL! But I love the result. This week's challenge is to create a one layer card. So everything you do has to go on the base of the card with no embellishments.


So I used my favorite stamp set du jour which is Unforgettable from WPLUS9. I colored the image with colored pencils. Haven't used those in a very long time. Stamped the sentiment and spritzed with Glimmer Mist. Sounds easy enough but it just didn't come together the way I thought. It took me several times to mask the hat on the elephant's head. Stay tuned I have another card using this set coming up too. I just think these little elephants are adorable.
I am entering these challenges:

I would love to see what you can do with a one layer card. Come join the fun at Outlawz CAS and check out what the fabulous design team did with this challenge. They so inspire me!
We are having friends for dinner tonight so I have to scoot and get things cleaned up around here. But that mean I won't have to clean tomorrow so I'll get more time to play. So looking forward to that. While we were out at Baby Creek yesterday I started organizing my sequins. Ugh! I didn't know I had so many of them. I bought some and then inherited a bunch from my MIL. But soon I'll have those nice and neat and it will make life easier! Have a super day and thank for stopping by.

Donna

1 comment:

Cara said...

I love one layer cards Donna ... but you are correct, they can certainly be difficult at times! This one is just awesome! Tell everyone at CAS I miss them and hope to be back in to my crafting groove shortly and will be visiting!
Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Through The Craft Room Door.
Warm Regards, Cara
Through The Craft Room Door Owner
TTCRD Challenge Blog
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...