Sunday, September 14, 2014

Wedding Weekend

What an awesome weekend we had! The Friday evening celebration was wonderful and gave the two families time to get to know each other a bit better. We had a caricature artist come to draw everyone's caricature. It was great fun and Karen was absolutely wonderful! Food and company were awesome. Saturday dawned cloudy but the clouds cleared by early afternoon and by the time of the wedding the sun was shining. It was cool but sunny. The wedding was beautiful! Tricia was beautiful and Jamison was so handsome. Here's one of the pics that I took on my phone before the wedding.

Not a great picture to see the gown but we'll have better pictures in a few weeks from the photographer. The reception was so much fun. We really made it a party. Tricia did a special dedication to my brother, who was her godfather, who asked her the last time she saw him to find someone special to share her life with and asked everyone to honor her uncle by dancing to Mariah Carey's One Sweet Day. The entire group of guests got up to dance. It was a really emotional moment. But beautiful. I know my brother was smiling down on his goddaughter. I can hardly believe that after the months of planning that it's all over. Jamison and Tricia, I wish you a lifetime of happiness!

So I missed challenge at the Stamping Boutique that I made this for but thought I would post it anyway. I made this for my sister-in-law who was at the wedding so I just gave it to her rather than mailing it and being late. Probably the only birthday I made on time this month. LOL!

Jeannie flies her own plane so I thought this Stamping Boutique image would be perfect for her birthday. I colored the plane with Copics and Bic markers and then used Stickles to create the fireworks. I embossed the sentiment with gold embossing powder. The final touch was the gingham ribbon.  So there are still a few challenges I can use this card for:
I am looking forward to getting back to crafting. I have one more day off of work but we have trip to the airport to take tomorrow to send our sons home and then we have to return the extra beds to our other property. So tomorrow will be really busy. I'm not exactly looking forward to going back to work. Here's wishing you a wonderful start to your week!

Donna

4 comments:

Melanie Smith said...

Love your card and how you did the glitter as well as the bow through the die. Thank you for participating with us over at Through the Craft Room door. Hope you stop by again really soon. Melanie, DT

Glenda said...

What a lovely wedding party photo! I love the card as well. Hope you have a good week!

Stef H said...

big congrats to the GORGEOUS bride and her new hubby and to both families.

the bridemaid's dressers are stunning and a gorgeous color blue!!!! can't wait to see more pictures!

love, love, love the card! you made that plane sparkle!!!

hope you have an easy week of settling down and getting "back in the groove" of your normal routine!

hugs :)

Rosie Guiher said...

Congratulations to you and the newly weds. Sounds like you had a great time and the bride is beautiful. Look forward to seeing more pics from the wedding. And a belated happy birthday to you dear friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...