Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Easter Egg

I wanted to get on my computer last night but my husband was using it to do our taxes. And tomorrow night my daughter will be over to do her taxes using my computer so I better get my card posted tonight or I won't get to post it for a while. LOL! The weekend will be busy since Tom's parents will be visiting and we'll be out at Baby Creek without Internet access. So I'm working on some Easter cards to send.

Isn't this fun. I found this scrap of designer paper that I used on my in-laws Christmas cards. So I matched some of the colors from it to make the layers. The image is from Bugaboo Stamps. The sentiment is part of Studio G Easter stamp that also has a little duck on it. I covered the duck before inking and after I had the sentiment inked I pulled the tape off and stamped the sentiment. The Easter eggs are another stamp that has 5 eggs on it with various patterns. It's also a Studio G stamp. I stamped them on a scrap of card stock and colored them with a mixture of Copics and Bic markers. I added a faux stitched border around the image after I distressed the edges with Squeezed Lemonade Distress ink. I am entering these challenges:
The paper has arrived that I ordered for my daughter's wedding invitations. I can start folding and make a mock up for her to see. We also have any idea for the centerpieces that I am excited about. If you have any ideas for  favors we can use I'd be thrilled to hear about them. The these is Moments of Magic and her colors are cornflower blue and silver.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope the first half of your week has gone well. Here's to an awesome second half and weekend!



13 comments:

Darnell said...

Oh, this is adorable, Donna! I love the bright colors!! I don't really have any original ideas for favors, but when my son and DIL got married they had a "candy bar." A long table filled with all shapes of clear vases (purchased at thrift stores) filled with only white candies. White Jordon almonds and white-chocolate you-name-it, etc. There were tongs in each and little paper cups and it was a huge hit. It's originally a Martha Stewart idea, I think. That's really awesome that you are going to do the invitations! Hugs, Darnell

Glenda said...

Such a cute image and I love that gorgeous colorful paper! Well done!

Anonymous said...

So very cute! I really like how you colored the bunny. Best of luck in the challenges.

Susanne said...

Hi there, I'm stopping by from Darnell's blog - her new friends corner. I couldn't pass up the chance to visit another Indiana crafter. Your card is splendid, I'm a big fan of the bright colors which really celebrate the joy of the season. Have a great weekend, I'm sure I'll be by again.

Kristie Goulet said...

Very cute bunny! Great coloring.
I am a new follower. :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

How super cute! Love your adorable bunny and bright happy colors. Have a fun weekend!

Tammy Miller said...

What a great project, very cute!! Thanks so much for joining us for our Stella Says Sketch - Challenge #207 at Catch the Bug, I hope you join us again very soon.

mulberry station said...

What an adorable card! I love your fun papers too. Thanks for joining us.
Nancy Catch The Bug.

Debbie said...

Taxes! Yuck!
This is such a pretty card! Fun image and bright colors!

Min said...

Too cute!! Thanks so much for joining the Stella Says Sketch Challenge at The Bug Blog with Bugaboo Stamps.
We hope you'll join us again and play along!
Hugs & Happy Days!
Min - Bugaboo Stamps Asst. Design Team Coord.

Glenda Atkins said...

Happy Easter Donna! Love this Easter card, the bugaboo image is a delight and love the bright happy paper!
hugs
Glenda

Pat (mspfd) said...

Hi Donna,
Just wanted to stop by and say hello. Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

Diane said...

Super cute design Donna.

Hugs Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...