Monday, March 3, 2014

I'm a Wee Bit Irish

Happy Monday! After about a half inch ice we got about three inches of snow yesterday. Schools were out today here but now the university. So off to work we went. Tom dropped me off so we only took the four-wheel drive. Since we drove together he had to take me to the hospital after work for my MRI. That was a really different experience. If you've never had one, it's a long tube that the put you into and I had to lie still for thirty minutes while a magnet makes all kinds of noise. LOL! They gave me ear phones and piped music in for me so the noise wouldn't bother me so much. I'm not terribly claustrophobic but I certainly wouldn't want to spend a long time in one of those. Since they were imaging my hip my head wasn't totally inside the tube. If I glanced up and back I could see the outside of the tube. The radiologist will read it tomorrow and hopefully I'll get the results soon. Quite the experience I must say.
My card tonight is a Saint Patrick's Day card. I usually don't send many of these and since I will be in Las Vegas next week for a work conference I won't get many of them made.

This cute little piggie is the stamp of the month at From the Heart stamps. It's a progressive challenge but if you haven't played in the past you can buy the stamp and then get the next month's free stamp. This set also uses the pig in a very cute spring setting too. I colored my image with Copic markers and cut and embossed it with Spellbinder's circle die. The 'kiss me' sentiment comes in the set. I die cut it with a die from a company no longer in business. I inked the sentiment and then added pearls. The background paper is from Scrap Happy Paper Crafters. I stamped the edges with a border stamp from the February Simon Says Stamp Kit.

I'm entering this card into these challenges:
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope your week is off to a great start.



10 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling image- love the way you added the sentiment too. Oh- Lucky you to get to escape the nice weather we are having! Oh- I am not a fan of the MRI machine- I have had a few of those and I usually get to go all of the way in that tube.... Hope the results are not bad news!

debby4000 said...

oh you little piggy card is fabulous.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv

Debby

Stef H said...

the noise in the MRI always reminds me of sneakers .... lot of sneakers going around in a dryer!!!! prayers that the results are good.

super cute card!!!!

we got about 4" of snow and now they say 40 on friday. i'll take it!

hugs :)

Glenda Atkins said...

Adorable card,, such a cute piggy! Hope your MRI delivers some good news for you. Take care on all that ice!
hugs
Glenda

Regan said...

How sweet! Love the wee piggy! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!
{hugs}
Regan

Unknown said...

This is sooo cute. I love this little guy! Thanks for sharing it with us at Hiding In My Craft Room!
Sue from the DT

Kathy said...

Donna, this is adorable. Love your coloring and the plaid is so festive and perfect for St. Patrick's Day. Hope your MRI had fine results! Thanks for joining us at From the Heart Stamps for our monthly progressive challenge.

Lena said...

Super cute and fun :-)
Thanks for joining in the fun at Hiding in My Craft Room.
Lena – DT Member
xxx
Lena’s Creations

Emily Lauritzen said...

This is so cute!! I just adore that image with the sweet sentiment, and the border stamps is the perfect finishing touch!
Thanks for joining us at Digi Makeover!
<3 Emily L.-DT

Pat (mspfd) said...

It doesn't get cuter that this adorable card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...