Monday, February 10, 2014

Happiness Enclosed

Well it was cold enough today that I didn't go outside my office for lunch. Since I work on the eighth floor I walked all the floors and the stairs in the building to get exercise at lunch time. I would so much prefer to get out at lunch time to break the day up. But I had a 1pm meeting so that kind of cemented my thoughts of staying indoor today. Tomorrow will likely be worse but I will probably bundle up and venture out to the library. It's only two blocks away and I often head there if the weather is less than perfect. It gets me out of the office for just a bit.
I made a couple of today's cards; three to be exact. They are going to my two brother and one sister as Valentines.
I cased this very CAS card from Julie Ebersole at Paper Trufflez. The little envelope is made from a punch that one of my non-crafty friends gave me. I'm not sure where she got it but I thought it would be fun to use it for a change. The hearts I traced on different kinds of paper and then faux stitched around them. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp kit and I embossed it with black embossing powder. Easy peasy!
I am entering these challenges:
Tomorrow is supposed to be very cold. Below zero tonight and then chance of snow on Wednesday. I do sound like a broken record.  Maybe spring will surprise up very soon. We can only hope and pray. Thanks for stopping by. I hope your week is off to a fabulous start!

Donna

15 comments:

Lin said...

This is so charming, Donna! So glad you shared it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Stef H said...

girl! i LOVE this! my kinda card and i'm gonna CASE it for sure.

i'm so sick of this cold weather. they say 32 towards the end of the week but with snow flurries... and in my opinion that's STILL COLD!!!

you are way braver than i am. i only bundle up to take puppy out or to get the mail. i don't leave the house unless i absolutely have to!

stay warm!

hugs :)

Stef H said...

i could have sworn i commented. love this and will probably CASE it.

so glad you joined us at THE STAMPING BOUTIQUE challenge!!!

hugs :)

Melissa Czapor said...

I love the simplicity of your card. The hearts really stand out!! Thanks for joining us at The Stamping Boutique!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Very sweet CAS card they will love. I hope you get to venture out today.

Liz said...

This is lovely! Thanks for joining us at The Stamping Boutique.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh Donna, rhis is one of those cards with a bitty image and sentiment that is so big on style. Definite defines the saying, "less is more"!
Luv it! Have a very Happy Valentine!

Mollie said...

LOVE your card! So simple, but so perfect! Your hearts and envelope are adorable! Thanks so much for sharing with us at HIMCR this week!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

Glenda Atkins said...

Less is more is captured with this wonderful CAS card, it's beautiful!
hugs
Glenda

Billie A said...

Wonderful C&S card I love this look and says so much just being a heart and envelope. Thanks for joining us at Catch the bug.

Jodie Mackrell said...

too cute. thank you for joining us this week at catch the bug

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet! I love your take on the sketch!

Chrissy Larson said...

Super cute! Great take on the sketch!

Jen Leeflang said...

A PERFECT-ly sweet CAS card ! Thanks for joining us at Bugaboo for our LOVE themed challenge this week, and GOOD LUCK in the draw! We hope you'll join us again soon.
luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Bugaboo DT

Katherine Clayton said...

What a PERFECT Valentine's Day card! I just LOVE it!!! Thanks for joining us at HIMCR for our Super Scraps Saturday challenge!f

Kathy HIMCR DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...