Thursday, December 5, 2013

Candy Cane Christmas

Howdy! How is the weather in your neck of the woods? Last night we had a winter storm warning and this morning they were forecasting 5-7 inches by Friday evening. It wasn't supposed to start until about 10pm tonight. This afternoon all that changed. By the time I left work it was raining ice pellets. And then they upgraded the total to up to a foot of snow. With another storm headed our way for Sunday. Sounds like we'll be shoveling for a while. I hate the ice and really don't mind the snow. People forget how to drive in snow and ice. At least I go to work really early and most people won't be out yet. LOL!
My card tonight is a card that I made last night at a Copic class I went to at our local scrapbook store. We all had a great time.

I didn't catch what company the image was from since our instructor did all the stamping. The red was colored with R27 and R29 and the green was YG06 and YG09. Lots of layers on this. Can you see the sparkle on the candy cane? It has glossy accents on it and fine glitter. The candy cane and bow are popped up with pop dots. I am entering this card in these challenges:

I just checked outside. We are "all white" as my hubby would say. And the snow is coming down. I am just hoping that the power doesn't go out. If you are experiencing the nasty weather, please stay safe and warm. Thanks for stopping by!

Donna

7 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful bright Christmas colouring and I love the slanted layering.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Unknown said...

Adorable card!! Love your candy cane. Thank you for joining the TTCRD challenge and good luck to you.

Glenda said...

Oh my goodness snow! Here in East Tennessee we are having thunder storms this morning. How crazy is that? Love your card. Is that a Tim Holtz stamp? Anyway it is a very pretty card!

Janis Lewis said...

This is so cool! Thank you for playing at Paper Playtime. Your project is featured on our Facebook Page today and linked to your blog!
Paper Playtime Challenge Page on Facebook
Stop by our new linky party blog An Inky Situation and Link Up!
:) Janis
Shop Stampin' Up! with Janis

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

This card is AWESOME!!!! I only took tow copic classes and would love more. Everything is totally AWESOME on this card!!!! I hope you can tell i LOOOOVE THIS CARD!!!!

snappy scrappy said...

Too cute...thanks for playing along with us at Paper Playtime!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my, this is fabulous Donna. Love the image and your coloring and design is superb!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...