Thursday, November 7, 2013

It's a Fairy Tale

Happy Thursday! One more day to the work week and it'll be the weekend! Tomorrow is my doctor's appointment and I am really looking forward to getting it over with; hoping he can help me hear again. It seems like this week has gone on forever! So last night I got a bit of time to play and finished the card up this evening. My son's girl friend asked me to make her a wedding card with the colors cream and purple. The picture makes this look more blue but it really is a deep purple color and I am please with the way it turned out.

The flowers look purple but the Spellbinders scalloped oval and the backing piece look blue in the picture. And the groom's vest and tie are also purple but next to the gray jacket they just look gray in the picture. It looks much better in real life. The bride and groom image is from Beccy's Place. I colored it with Copics. The background paper is Basic Grey Wisteria. The flourish is My Favorite Things Die-namic. The flowers are from Michael's $1 bin. I added a few pearls and some purple self-adhesive rhinestones.

This is the inside of the card. Using the same paper as the outside and adding a sentiment from Stampin' Up! with more pearls and rhinestones. I am entering these challenges:

Thanks for stopping by for a visit. Hope you are headed for a relaxing weekend. We'll be pouring concrete in the barn this weekend if all goes well. And I am hoping for some crafty time too! Have a wonderful Friday!

Donna

4 comments:

Stef H said...

that is one of my all-time favorite sentiments!!! stunning card.

let me know what the doc says.

have a great weekend!

hugs :)

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!! I love that delicate die and the inside sentiment is wonderful!!
Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

How was your doctor's visit?

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

These are so cute! Thanks for checking my blog too!

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous wedding card, love the purple shades and the wonderful flowers. Lovely finishing on the inside.
hugs
Glenda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...