Sunday, August 4, 2013

In Sympathy

Happy Sunday again! LOL! So I'm not sure if I screwed up setting the post or if blogger added it a day early but my last post for Doodle Pantry and OWH was supposed to have gone live at 6am this morning and apparently it went Saturday morning. What a pain when you are out of Internet. I scheduled it Friday evening before I left. Oh well. Guess it won't hurt too much.
I really dislike making sympathy cards and I guess I should make them ahead because I always have a tough time getting it together in short order. I actually like this one that will be sent to a friend whose husband passed this week.

I used Cheery Lynn butterfly dies to cut out the butterfly shapes from the white cardstock. I stamped the leaves from a Simon Says stamp kit and added the flowers that I got from Michael's $1 bins. I used a Bic marker to draw the border around the butterflies and the frame around the card stock. and added the 3 little dots (a stamp from the Simon Says kit). The sentiment is from Heartfelt Creations Sympathy Sentiments. It is heat embossed with clear embossing powder. The background layer is a purple swirl paper from Create with TLC; very pretty in real life.  I am happy with this one!

I am entering these challenges:
  • Joan's Garden challenge: die cut image using the negative (butterflies), colors of purple and white, textured layer (flowers), leaves, and you must use something purchased from Joan's Garden (Cheery Lynn dies, Heartfelt Creations Sympathy sentiments and Score Tape).
  • Simon Says challenge: anything goes
Hope your weekend has been awesome and you have a wonderful start to your week. I have a 4 day week this week. Tom and I will be spending Friday out at Baby Creek. Our new driveway will finally be finished on Friday when they lay 6 trucks of new gravel. We are excited to have that much finished. Have an awesome week!

Donna

8 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful card Donna. I love the colors and the design is terrific.
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Nancy Hill said...

Sorry about your friend passing away. Love the card and using the butterflies as negatives, very creative.

Unknown said...

Wonderful card Donna, I had thought about using my little butterfly dies and doing something similar to this! Great card love it,
hugs
Donna

Stef H said...

wow donna! this is absolutely gorgeous! i love the extra touches and you can never go wrong with purple. sure i say i love pink but truth be told, i lean more towards purple!

have a great week.

hugs :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful, Donna!

Lisa Carroll said...

This is beautiful! Love the purples! Thank you for joining us in the "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog. :)

Pssequimages said...

Love it DONNA! What a gentle and sweet one.

Glenda Atkins said...

A difficult card to make and I love that yours is calming,something that is much needed in difficult times!
hugs
Glenda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...