Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Fiddling Around with a Snowman

Unfortunately we don;t have any snow yet but one of my cards tonight is wishful thinking for some snow. Maybe I shouldn't be wishing for snow because by January I'll be really tired of it. LOL! Okay,  I'll refrain from complaining about no snow or too much snow. Is there ever a happy medium?

My card uses the sentiment reflection technique. I really had to practice to get this right and ruined several pieces of paper before getting anything that looked okay. The image is from Designed 2 Delight and was free this month if you are playing along with the progressive challenge. Isn't the snowman adorable. I colored with Bic Markers and added a little dimension with puff paint on the hat and sleeves. I used Spellbinders ovals and lots of scraps for layers on the card. To finish off I added some faux stitching.

I am entering this card in these challenges:
My second card tonight is a birthday card.

The image is a pre-colored digi from Doodle Pantry Violin Color Stamp Set. The sentiment is from Create with TLC. The borders are new dies that I got from My Favorite Things. I used a Spellbinder ribbon tag die for the sentiment and add the ribbon as embellishment. I really like this one!

I'm entering these challenges:
 Hope your week is going well. We're on the downside of the week. I'm off on Friday to be at the hospital for my DH's surgery so hoping all things go well. Take care! I'll be back soon!

Donna

11 comments:

Lorie said...

Your cards are so cute, as always! WE just got a little snow today but it didn't stick. I'm ready for a *little* snow!

Shirley-Anne said...

Nearly could not find the "post a comment"spot .
Hi Donna first off , hope DH 's op went ok and a speedie recovery wish sent his way ..
Both cards are awesome ..Love the sentiment reflection technique ..you did well .
hugs Shirley-Anne

Brianna loeffelbein said...

Such adorable cards I love both of them. Your snowman is simply sweet :) Thanks for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot this week !!!
Brianna

Stef H said...

wow! these are both fabulous!!! that fiddle is awesome.

unfortunately on the snow? guess u like the stuff huh - LOL. i only like the 1st snowfall. and i won't be liking it much if i have to take the dog out - LOL. supposed to be 60 this weekend.... now THAT i'll take.

hugs :)

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Two wonderful cards. I've never tried reflection and yours is pretty dog gone cool. The second card is just as wonderful. I never thought of using a cello/volin, whatever to represent age......brilliant!!!! I also love your color choices and papers and the new dies you used. I'm still sick, but your cards put a smile on my face.

Heather said...

Two fabulous cards! The birthday card is gorgeous, but since I'm commenting from CSAYL I have to focus on the snowman card which is super cute!! Love the reflection of the sentiment. I don't think I've ever seen that before and it looks really cool. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

Kerry said...

Great cards. I love the snowman, he looks so happy. Thanks for joining in at the Cuttlebug Spot this week.

Nance Leedy said...

Fantastic cards, both of them! Love the die cut borders on the second one and the violin is colored beautifully! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Glenda Atkins said...

Two lovely cards Donna, just love how you showcased the violin one and the sentiment is framed so wonderfully!

Jannie said...

Love your cards and the snowman card is snow adorable!!

Thank you for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot!!

Cuttlebugs&Hugs
Jannie

Rach83 said...

Your snowman is particularly lovely and I think your reflection stamping came out a treat. Great idea.

Thanks for playing along at The Cuttlebug Spot this week.

Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...