Monday, April 2, 2012

From the Inside Out

Happy Monday! Hope your week is off to a great start. Yesterday I posted about the new release from Doodle Pantry and today I have another card using another new release image set. This set is called Sombrero Hat. It comes in both outline and colored images. I used the colored images and then blinged it up with some Stickles. But what I did differently on this card was that I created it from the inside out. I normally create the front of a card and often leave the inside blank to finish later. But this time I made a tunnel card so I started with the inside first.


You can see the maracas on the inside and I also added some zig-zag stitching on the inside flap. You can see a close-up of the tunnel:
And finally the outside of the card:

 The sentiment is from Scrapbook Eden and the sombrero is from Doodle Pantry.  I embossed the background with D'vine Swirls. Don't forget the sale at Doodle Pantry until the 3rd. While you are there be sure to check out Laurie's new header. It's totally adorable!

The challenges for this card:
Have a wonderful Tuesday and take care!

Donna

18 comments:

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Awesome card! I have not tried a tunnel card but I think I see one in my near future! Thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs,
Georgia

Linda Anderson said...

Oh my goodness Donna, this card totally packs the WOW factor!! Absolutely fabulous!!

Linda

Dawn Frost said...

Love your tunnel card Donna! I've never done one and you've inspired me to try!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wowza, awesome job on the fold! What a fabulous card. I just love your design.

Marsha said...

This is sooo cool.

Glenda Atkins said...

Donna this is so creative, love the concept of starting from the inside,a tunnel card you said. Wonderful technique.

AllisonG said...

I love the technique you used for the inside of the card - I've never seen a tunnel card before. The sentiment and sombrero go perfectly together on the front. What a fun card!

Stef H said...

omgoodness, donna! this is fantastic!!!!! was it hard? absolutely fabulous!

hugs :)

Kathy W. said...

Fantastic card Donna! Love the tunnel card and you sure blinged out the sombrero hat perfectly!!

auntbeespickles said...

Oh Goodness Donna! I love this. I haven't made one of these cards forever. Thanks for the fun inspiration!
Hugs, Sarah

Barb said...

Amazing card!!!! Love it!

Pauline said...

What a great fab fold, and a fun card! Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

Carolyn King said...

what a cool card. love the front and then when you open it---too cool!

Jan Garber said...

I need to try that technique, too! The stitching really added a fiesta flair! Jan- DYSU DT

Naomi said...

What a FUN card! Thanks so much for playing along with us, this week, at DYSU!

Elizabeth Hart said...

I thought the outside was great -- but then I saw the inside - I love it!

Patti P. said...

Donna, how cool is this idea, I must try this sometime. Love the way you used the images and the embossing, perfect!!
Enjoy your weekend.
hugs...

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Well, I lost my mind and need to go find it. I really thought I had left a comment on several of your postings. Perhaps it was at a time I could see it, but couldn't leave a comment. I remember this being so cool. I also remember a wood grain technique you used but couldn't find it. I'll have to find Gina K's blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...