Friday, April 20, 2012

Beautiful Flowers Challenge

This week at Joan's Garden, Joan has a challenge to earn a chance to be a guest designer for a future blog hop in May. The requirements this week are fairly simple: make a card or project which includes flowers using dies or punches and make the card the prettiest that you can make it. I thought I'd combine this with a technique I had never tried before: making a brick wall.
My flowers are stamped from Heartfelt Creations stamps and cut with matching Spellbinders dies. The centerpiece of the flower is a snowflake punch topped with Fruit Punch Stickles. The leaves are also a Spellbinders die. I used the brick wall technique for the background and added a banner tag popped up from the bricks. The edge of the banner also is embellished with the Fruit Punch Stickles. I really was happy with the brick wall and the flowers. Head on over to Joan's challenge. Maybe you will be one of the lucky guest designers. Good luck!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I've got a busy weekend ahead but I'm hoping to squeeze a little crafting time in. Hope your weekend is very special!

Donna

3 comments:

Lorie said...

That is such a pretty card Donna! Love the pink accents! :)

Glenda Atkins said...

gorgeous flowery card! I love the brick wall and those beautiful flowers ,lovely!

Stef H said...

wow donna! beautiful is right! this is gorgeous!

keep me posted on your daughter and i'll keep her in my prayers.

would love your addy & phone #. please email me .... poca62@comcast.net

enjoy your day off!

hugs :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...