Monday, September 12, 2011

You're Invited

Happy Monday! I'm glad this day is over. Work is very busy right now and at least the day goes quickly when you are so busy. We had a beautiful day weather-wise and I think tomorrow is supposed to be similar. We did get a little rain over the weekend but we could use some more. I won;t be complaining though. My brother's home is in the path of the Texas fires so I am praying that they get rain very soon.

My card tonight is a possible invitation for my MIL's 80th birthday party. It's my job to make the invitations. So here is one of my attempts.

I used 2 embossing folders: Just My Type (the flowers up the right side) and Swiss Dots both from Cuttlebug. I used markers to give the embossed flowers some color. The trellis is a punch. The flowers are two different die cuts from Heartfelt Creations and the vine and leaves are a Cricut cut. I'm not thrilled with how my handwriting turned out. I think I need to use a fatter marker. What do you think? How can I improve this? I'm entering this card in several challenges:
Thanks for sharing some of your day with me. I love your comments and appreciate you leaving one for me. Have a wonderful week!

9 comments:

Selma said...

Donna this is such a pretty card. You did a very good job using the embossing folders for your background. Thank you for joining us this week in the challenge at Joan's Gardens.

Lorie said...

I think it is very pretty Donna. I love the colors! Could you maybe instead of using vine leaves use individual leave on the flowers (3 per) and then write the 'you're invited' on the leaves? I like it just the way it is but if you wanted to try something else that is an idea.

Joan Fricker said...

Donna, great job with the challenge. I love how you u sed the embossing folders.

Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Brenda said...

Hi Donna!! This is so pretty, great use of the punches and embossing folders. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge!

Carol Hurlock said...

This is just darling. Love your punched flowers on the lattice work and the pretty sprigs going up the other side. Just wonderful. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Speedy the Cat's Challenge. It is such a pleasure to visit to see what you made for us. Good luck in the stamp drawing and I hope to see you next week.

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Winnie and Patty said...

This is just beautiful!!! I love the colors and the punches! Thanks for playing along with us this week with Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge!

Unknown said...

The writing is fine! You need something delacate to go with the pretty flowers

kitten DYSU team

Miranda said...

cute card Donna, very lovely
I'm glad you are joining our challenge this week
hugs
Miranda
DYSU DT

Designing with Debbie said...

Very Pretty CAS card. Love the colors. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...