Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday Flourishes

Tonight I am getting ready to blubber my way through tomorrow as I send my youngest to Austria to start his new job. He'll be in Austria for three months and when he returns he'll be moving to Charlotte, NC.  So I know I'll have a tough time at the airport tomorrow. Please say a prayer for Steve that he makes it safely to Austria and adjusts to a new life.

My card tonight is to wish Flourishes a very Happy Birthday. They are celebrating their 4th birthday as a wonderful stamp company.

I used my favorite Flourishes set called Strawberries. I used the Victoria embossing folder and a Martha Stewart border punch. I love the little gingham skirting and I added the red self-adhesive beads to simulate little strawberries. The images and sentiment are from Strawberries stamp set. Thanks to Flourishes for 4 years of amazing stamps. By the way this is my favorite Flourishes set because it reminds me of my middle child, Dan. He loves strawberries and he used to sneak them all the time whenever I or mt Mom were cleaning them. One time my Mom (now smiling on me from heaven) smacked him with a form when he tried to steal a strawberry. One of those cute little memories that remind me of Mom, Dan and strawberries!

I'm taking tomorrow off of work to be with Steve so maybe I'll get a little time to craft. See you back for my next entry. Have a wonderful Wednesday!


3 comments:

Carolyn King said...

Love your fun card... The bg is genius!!! Saying prayers for you and your son. Hugs!!

Lorie said...

What an absolutely adorable card Donna! HUGS to you as you separate from your son tomorrow. I know how hard that can be!

Marlene said...

Good wishes to your son on his new exciting journey - and big hugs for you! I know what it feels like saying goodbye to your children when they move away.

Your card is truly adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...