Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Owl Be Home for Christmas

Can you believe it's Wednesday already? This week is flying by. Today I received a Stampin' Up! order and I had ordered the owl punch. So I used the Caardvarks challenge and my new owl punch to make a card tonight. The challenge is to use one of the design team's cards for inspiration and make a card of your own. I used Heidi's card as inspiration for my card.


Guess you can tell what part is the owl punch. LOL! I added the wings by punching the largest  flower in the Stampin' Up! Boho Flower punch and then snipped them in half. I used scraps of paper to make the owls and scraps of white cut with Spellbinders standard circles large. I added google eyes and ribbon for embellishment. So do you think this looks like a Christmas card? You may not be able to tell that from the front. But here's the inside.

So I hope you like my first attempt with my owl punch. I am pleased! I'm sending this to a friend that I'm in a swap with. We are swapping cards that use a punch of die cut. I used both! How about that. Check out the Caardvark challenge and win a wonderful sticker prize!

Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week. Stop back soon and check out some fun things I have coming up. A new challenge from the Cuttlebug Spot and some other exciting news that I can't wait to share. Take care!

Donna

9 comments:

Lorie said...

This is GREAT! I love the owls!

Lilacanglia said...

This is fantastic,
great play on the words, love those owls
Have a great weekend
Hugs
Angie

Radwa Bayoumi said...

Amazing card Donna.I love your Owls and the sentiment too :)

Meda said...

Woww! Love that punch!

Carolyn King said...

oh my this is awesome!
oh no...I think I *need* that punch! Cannot wait to hear your exciting news!!!! yipee!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is just too cute! Love your owls and what a fun Christmas card!

Stef H said...

oh donna! how good to see you see! i'm soooooooooo glad you stopped by. it seems to be the only way to get me to visit lately. i am soooooooooo busy! your card is gorgeous as always and i will stop by on monday! i do hope your summer was fabulous and that everyone is well.

at least with work getting in the way of fun you have a schedule. i'm retired and i had way more time when i worked - lol! but i'm having the time of my life.

see you soon.

hugs :)

~JulieH~ said...

Oh this is gorgeous! I love those little owls, great use of the flower punch and love those big googlt eyes! Wonderful card!
Juliexx

flowerdisco said...

love this project, tfs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...