Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Butterfly Wishes

My card tonight turned out really nicely I think. I love this butterfly image from a set by Gina K called Hope is Faith. I also used a stamp from Hang in There by Theresa Momber. It's the stamped branches in the background.

The background paper is from Basic Grey Origins. I used a Martha Stewart butterfly punch at the left edge. The circle is cut with Nestabilities and then sponged with blue ink over the branches. I added the ribbon and rhinestones as accent.

On the inside a repeated a little bit of the Basic Grey paper and the circle with background images and stamped a sentiment to finish it off.

This card works for a couple of challenges:
  • Just Us Girls: sketch challenge #23. I fell in love with this sketch when I saw it!
  • Scrap-Creations: Going Grey challenge #1. Use Basic Grey paper on a celebration card.
I am away at a conference for work for the next few days. Hopefully I'll find time on the weekend to get back to crafting. Have a wonderful rest of the week and take care!

Big hugs to you all,

9 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Your butterfly is colored beautifully!! Love your card and the way you finished off the inside!

Crystal said...

How beautiful I LOVE that butterfly!!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Going Grey with Scrapcreations!!!

sassyb07 said...

it's a beauty Donna, I love the butterfly too and thanks so much for the sunshine award! that was so nice of you, I'll follow through with it tomorrow.
hugs, Valerie

Dana Gustafson said...

Gorgeous both inside and out! The butterfly is so dramatic! Thanks so much for playing with the Just Us Girls sketch this week!

Stef H said...

what an absolutely gorgeous butterfly! it looks soooooo real!

Basement Stamper said...

gorgeous card, love that butterfly and how you decorated the inside! Thanks for joining us at the Going Grey challenge.

JenMarie said...

How pretty!

Peggy said...

What a beautiful butterfly. Great job! Thanks for joining us in the Going Grey challenge. I hope to see you again next week.

Allison Rankin said...

Just lovely...great job with the overstamp of the leafy BG!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...