Monday, October 19, 2009

Halloween Treats

Happy Monday to you all. Tonight I have a treat! I originally saw this idea on Andrea Walford's blog. I changed her idea slightly to fit these Cappuccino packets I found. I thought this would be the perfect gift for my office mates! This week's challenge at Cuttlebug Spot is to make a treat holder. Perfect timing for tonight's project!


I started with paper that measured 4 inches by 12 inches. I used my Scor-Pal to score the card stock at 6 inches. I used my Cuttlebug and various embossing folders to emboss a pattern on each side of the card stock. I used the word window to punch a slot from the end of one side. Push the word window as far as it will go. You may need to punch it more than once depending on how big your treat is.

I used Terrifically Tacky tape to seal up the three open sides. Then wrapped spider web ribbon around and fastened it at the front. I made a bow from Happy Halloween ribbon with my Bow Easy (so fast and effortless!) and pop dotted the bow to the spider web ribbon. I took a piece of white ribbon or silver thread and attached a tag that I had made to the spider web ribbon. I added Happy Halloween on each tag. My little goodies are ready to give to my unsuspecting co-workers! Mwah haha! Fast, fun and easy to do.



Thanks for stopping by tonight. Hope you are getting ready for Halloween. It will be here before you know it!

Happy inking,

1 comment:

Lora said...

These look great Donna. I was planning on making little treat holders for the kids in the neighbourhood who come trick or treating but I think I have left it a bit late now! I would need about 30-40 of them and I somehow just can't see me making that amount by Halloween. I wanted to make little ones so I don't bankrupt myself filling them up but unless I find something quick easy fast and cheap to make then I think the kids will have to make do with a handfull of candy instead lol.
Hope you are well hun
Hugs Lora xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...