Thursday, August 13, 2009

Recessed Window Card

Good evening, friends! I am thrilled to share this project with you. It's a combination of two challenges. The Cuttlebug Challenge Blog Challenge #44 was to create a scene. The other challenge that this project works for is the Kaboodle Blog Challenge. My friend, Angie, challenged every one to use a window in their card or project. So putting those two challenges together, here's what I came up with.


The recessed window card was featured on Splitcoast Stampers this week on the Wednesday tutorial. I just love the way it turned out. I used Sunlit Ocean background paper from the Jersey Shore digital paper from Gina K ( a freebie BTW over at Stamp TV). And the Guiding Light stamp set, also from Gina K. I used the Swiss Dot embossing folder to emboss the entire front of the card. And you'll see more embossing below on the inside of the card. I added the ribbon and the flower and button as embellishments.

And here's the inside of the card. I used the same background paper to cover the back of the recessed window and added other stamps from Guiding Light to carry on the theme to the inside of the card. I love the color of the background paper. The picture does not do it justice.
Well there's my challenge projects for today. Hope you like them. Tomorrow is Friday once again and then comes my favorite part of the week. Yeah! Saturday I am having some friends drop by for a pitch-in lunch and some card making. We're making cards for a friend who is having surgery soon. Then my BFF and I are going to finish out the day playing with my Cuttlebug and make more cards. My DH has promised to make us dinner so we get the whole day to play! We haven't done that in a long time. I'm so looking forward to it. Have a lovely Friday. Thanks for stopping and come back again soon.

Happy inking,


11 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, Donna...this is lovely! :o)

raindropecho said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the embossed paper and that matching flower and ribbon. Wonderful job, thanks for joining us this week :D
- Ann @ Kaboodle Doodles

Lilacanglia said...

Good Morning Donna,
THis is FANTASTIC, what a great take on the theme 'window',
Thank you for joining in the fun at Kaboodles this week,
Hugs
Angie

csroyal said...

Very nice card! Love the inside, too!

Thanks for joining us with this week's Be Inspired @ Cuttlebug Challenge!

Cindy
www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Donna, this is such a lovely card!!
I love the image...very pretty!!
Thanks for joining us this week at Cuttlebug Challenge!

**Jackie**
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

mudmaven said...

Great card Donna! Love the sea images. ~chris

Unknown said...

A brilliant card which could also double up as a picture making it a great keepsake too.

Thanks for taking part in the Kaboodle challenge.

ineke said...

very nice seacard.. i love that theme !!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card... love the image and the created scene.... Thanks for playing along at www.CuttlebugChallenge.blogspot.com
HUGS...SK :)

Michelle said...

hi donna... this is a wonderful card for this weeks cuttlebug challenge...

TFS! and Thanks for playing along this week at the cuttlebug challenge blog!
michelle.
http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Meda said...

Hi Donna! I am glad you could join us for this challenge. I love your card and I specially like what you did to the inside. How fortunate you were to get a whole day to play while your hubby made dinner!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...