Thursday, August 6, 2009

Midnight Madness Birthday Wishes

Did you think I fell off the face of the earth? Died? Been sick? Actually, we had a huge storm on Tuesday and it knocked out our electricity. We've been without electricity for the past two days. I so appreciate that amenity now. I didn't get much card making done because it was impossible to see well enough to craft after dark and that's usually my time to craft. So it was early to bed but not very good sleeping because of all the neighbors' generators. I can't complain too much about the noise because one neighbor was nice enough to let us plug in our refrigerator yesterday. We alternated our frig and freezer and hopefully we won't lose too much food. I haven't been through the freezer yet. But enough of that! On to the good stuff.

Tonight I finally got back to my "bright" desk and worked on the Midnight Madness Challenge. I fell in love with the sketch this week. There are so many possibilities! Here's the sketch:

Maybe because it's colored purple, one of my favorite colors! Or maybe I just like the layout. Anyway, here's what I came up with using the sketch:


I love that colorful Lime Rickey paper by Basic Grey and I used one of my favorite stamps: the hot air balloons from Eclectic Summer stamp set by Gina K Designs. The sentiment is from Elegant Flowers by Gina K. I added a few star brads to finish the card off. Check out priscillastyles blog for all the details on the Midnight Madness #13 challenge.
Hope you all had a wonderful week. My favorite part of the week is coming up. I hope to be back with more things to share and no more power outages. Keep those fingers crossed!

Happy inking,

5 comments:

Priscilla said...

Hi Donna, I love your card...those dp look awesome the way you placed them. So sorry to hear about your power..what a drag. Thanks for playing this week..and my fingers are crossed for you.
Priscilla
Midnight Madness Sketch Challenges

Lorie said...

What a wonderful card! I love all the colors! Good luck with the power! :o)

peggysue said...

Those balloons are really cute! Falling off the face of the earth would mean an exciting scientific discovery, defeating gravity! Well worth a journal article. :)

Carolyn said...

I just love all the colors on this card. What a great image and dp for the squares. Thank you so much for playing with us at the MMSC this week. Hope you will come back and play again next week.

Carolyn, MMSC DT

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh I love your parachute and the colors!! Great use of dp! Thanks for playing with the MMSC this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...