Monday, May 10, 2021

Hoppy Birthday

 Happy Monday! I hope all is well with you. It's been a while since I've had a chance to craft and it will be a while until I am able to craft again. Tomorrow we leave for Boston for two weeks. We are finally going to get to see our boys, Haven't seen them in almost 2 years. Since we are fully vaccinated now, we decided to make the trip. We are driving and not flying so the drive time will be two days out and two days back. So a lot of time in the car. I am pretty much packed and ready to go. At first I wasn't taking anything with me to do, but decided I'd take a small box with images to color. So when I return home I'll have images ready to add to cards. Tonight I had a chance to use an image that was in my "ready to craft" box.


The cute frog image is from Beccy's Place called Frog and Oleander. I die cut the image with Spellbinders Large Octagons. I inked the card stock with Altenew Rose Quartz ink. The sentiment is from Firecracker Designs (found a Facebook page that turned up "not found"). I lightly inked the card stock with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. It's die cut with MFT Sentence Strips. The background flower paper is an upcycled greeting card. I loved the colors. I added a white dotted pink ribbon from my stash. All the layering is done with black card stock. I am entering these challenges:
I do have one other card that I will post when I get the time. Otherwise, I probably won't be posting much for the next few weeks. Thanks for stopping by. Stay safe until we meet again! Peace and all good!

Donna


15 comments:

Beccy said...

Your card is beautiful Donna, the background paper is stunning! I love the colours and the gorgeous design, it works perfectly with the image. You've done a wonderful job interpreting the sketch too, I love that you've made the octagon a little larger than the design.
Have a wonderful time visiting your boys, I'm sure it's going to be a fabulous reunion after all this time! Drive safe and take care.
Cheers,
Beccy

Lori m said...

Donna your cards are always so pretty, enjoy your time away with family, hugs, Lori m

Melanie Hungerford said...

Really pretty, the background paper is gorgeous, yet the image still stands out so nicely. Great display of the sketch too! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts!

Dena J said...

Lovely pinks on your colored image and perfect take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts this week. Safe travels!

Cathy said...

Such a pretty card in pink Donna, thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

pssmitty papercrafts said...

Such a pretty card! Love the contrast of the bright and soft colors together.
Thank you for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
Patty S, Design Team

Carol W said...

WOW WOW WOW this card is beautiful Donna.

Pam said...

This is such a beautiful card Donna! I love the pink flower image and the pink flower background paper!
Have a wonderful and safe trip to see your boys!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Denise Willerton said...

WOWZA ~ stunning card Donna ~ your colouring is exquisit, such a gift in a card ~ Have a wonderful trip ~ Thanks for joining us at AHSC ~ we sure hope to see you back ~ Denise DT ~ chezmoicreations.blogspot.com

Allisa said...

Such a gorgeous card, love the bright colors. Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

What a beautiful card! That pink floral paper and coordinating focal image are so appealing! Thanks for sharing this wonderful card with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week. Enjoy your vacation!
:) Marie

Brandi said...

Beautiful card, I love the bright bold colours! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

libbystamps said...

What a lovely card! Great use of our sketch 420! Thanks for joining us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Carol W said...

what a beautiful card you have made. Just wonderful.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I just love this fabulous image- beautifully colored. The DP you used is such a beautiful compliment to the image!!!'Hoping your trip to visit the boys goes well! Wonderful to see family after such a long pause in seeing them!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...