Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Day 4: D is for Doodling

 After spending last night at our other property where we have no Internet, no TV and no election coverage (which was fine with me!), we are back home to reality. Tom is off helping a neighbor with a job, so I sat down to craft. I've been playing around with this idea for a couple days and was inspired by a guest video at Jennifer McGuire's blog

In the video, Ricky shows you how to doodle instead of color an image. So I thought I would try this out. I started with the leaves and actually colored the berries and the stems and did the flowers last. I felt like I was finally getting the hang of it with the flowers so I may have to try this again some time. The image is Beccy's Place Holly Blossoms that is free at her blog. The sentiment is from a retired Gina K stamp set called Blessed is the Season. I die cut my CAS panel with MFT Blueprints 13 (retired) A2 stitched die. I added the panel to a green card base. I hope to try doodling again and see if I can get better at it. I am entering these challenges today:

Tomorrow is volunteer day for us. It's always fun to go help others and meet up with friends there. Hope you are all well. If you are in the U.S. I hope your stress level isn't too high right now. Stay safe and healthy. I assume once election results are know there will be problems no matter who wins. God bless!

Donna

7 comments:

Suzanne H said...

What a great idea. Thanks for the link to the video. I'm going to check it out. I live in Pennsylvania and refrained from all election coverage yesterday too.

Suze said...

Doodling is a great idea for D. I like the look of the doodled colouring. I might have to give this a go myself.

Beccy said...

Love this idea Donna, it's always great to hear about a different way to add colour to your projects. Plus this adds a wonderful personal touch too. I really like the lovely bright colours you chose, they're very festive.
Cheers,
Beccy

Lori m said...

Donna another beautiful card, so pretty, your way ahead of me on all your cards, hugs, Lori m

Mrs A. said...

Super doodling on this lovely image. What a great idea. Hugs Mrs A.

Sheryl said...

Lovely card
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards
Hugs
Sheryl xx
TTCRD DT Crazy Craft Corner{My Blog}

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Cute CAS Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at MLCCB
Tina dt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...