Thursday, November 26, 2020

Day 25: V is for Vellum and Vintage

 Making 2 cards on Thanksgiving is a real first for me. I guess no family time has to be replaced by something. So I thought about my "V" card for a long time. I had done vintage for the past 3 years and was hoping for something different. When I was looking through my files I found a vintage Santa. This morning I watched a video about embossing vellum with a stencil so I thought I'd try it.


The image is from Graphics Fairy and was a freebie at some time. The sentiment is from Crafty Nomad. I embossed the vellum with Gina Marie Designs Heart Argyle Background Pattern Stencil. The corners were punched with a Stampin' Up! corner punch. The vellum is tucked into each corner and taped on the back and some double sided tape under the image to hold the vellum in place. The red designer paper is from American Craft. There is green card stock under the vellum and a red card base. I am entering these challenges:
Past my bed time for sure but wanted to get this posted tonight. Hope your day was awesome. Thanks for stopping by. Stay safe and God bless.

Donna


12 comments:

Suze said...

Lovely card Donna. I like the embossed vellum. I keep forgetting that I have vintage images from The Graphics Fairy. I must have a look through them again as they are perfect for Vintage themed cards. That is a really nice font on the sentiment too.
Hope everyone in the family is still well and you are able to be Thankful for that.

Beccy said...

The embossed vellum looks fantastic Donna, great idea for the "V" prompt. I like the way you've tucked two of the corners in behind the punched section, it's a great pattern. I also love the fabulous Santa image, what a beauty!
Cheers,
Beccy

Julie Finlayson said...

I love that vintage Santa!!

Debbie said...

Great vintage card! (Neat trick tucking the vellum under the corner. It's so hard to adhere invisibly!)
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Patti said...

I love your use of vellum AND your vintage Santa!! Such a great vintage card Donna! Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card Donna. Love the embossed vellum and the beautiful corners.
Thanks for playing with Tuesday Morning Sketches.
xxx Margreet DT

Melissa Craig said...

Wonderful Vintage look! This is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debi said...

What a great Santa! And those corners are super. Wonderful card for this week's Tuesday Morning Sketch. Thanks for playing. Debi TMS DT

Suzanne H said...

That's a great vintage Santa image. I have such a hard time embossing vellum. It cracks so much. I really like how you've tucked it in the corners. Like those corner tabs my Mom used to use in our photo albums. Sweet card!

Kelly Schelske said...

Lovely card Donna!

Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts!

Kuni said...

Such a lovely and cute christmas card.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

April said...

I just love that Santa - he is so jolly and cute. Thank you for joining the Creative Knockouts Challenge.
April

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...