Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Day 24: U is for Under the Mistletoe

 We are getting to the most difficult of the alphabet letters. I went back and did a little research today to find out what I have done for "U" in the past. For the last three years I have made a U-fold Card. So I thought it was time to do something different for a change, so I thought "under the mistletoe" would work.


The image is Finn and Molly from Beccy's Place. I colored them with Spectrum Noir markers and die cut the image with MFT Stitched Circles. I used some Recollections Glitz Glitter on Molly's outfit. All the background paper is scraps from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles. The two papers above my circle I die cut with Gina Marie Designs Cross Stitched Rectangles (retired). The sentiment is from the Finn and Molly stamp set. I inked the sentiment strip with Peeled Paint distress ink. It's hard to see but the pink strip has silver stitching around the edges. To finish off I added a self-adhesive gem swirl. I am entering these challenges:
For about an hour this afternoon I was caught up with Beccy's challenge, but then a new challenge went up and I'm behind once again. LOL! But at least with not leaving for Thanksgiving this year I won't get too far behind. Things are quiet here since we are now quarantined but no sign of getting sick so I'll take it. Two days until Thanksgiving. Hope you are doing well. Stay safe and God bless!

Donna


4 comments:

Suze said...

I think there are a few of us who went with "Under". I like that the sentiment adds to the under the mistletoe theme. I like the swirl of pearls too.
Glad to hear that you are still well. Hope that by quarantining so early that you manage to avoid getting unwell.

Beccy said...

I'm so pleased to hear there's no sign of illness Donna, fingers crossed you've all managed to avoid it.
Your "under the mistletoe" card is awesome! I like the mix of papers. The colours and patterns are fabulous and coordinate beautifully together. The glitter on Molly's cape is fantastic and I also like the swirl of little pearls. Lovely!
Cheers,
Beccy

Suzanne H said...

Super card but I was hoping for "underwear'! I forgot to add the swirls when I used this sketch - I just remembered when I saw your sweet colored card. Take care of yourself.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge. Hope to see you again next time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...