Saturday, November 21, 2020

Day 20: Q is for Quilt

 This card came out of my scrap pile because the first thing I turned to for the scrap challenge was this Gina Marie Designs Quilt die. I pulled out my American Craft Christmas paper and die cut it with 4 different papers that I thought would go together well. So I have enough pieces for 4 quilts. I have all the squares put together but not embellished yet. I really liked how this one turned out.

The image is from Beccy's Place Poinsettia stamp set. I printed it twice and fussy cut it out. Edged it with a black marker and cut the second one with just the veined leaves so I could pop it up from the first image. To make it pop a little more I used Yellow Stickles for the center of the flower. I used Stick It to hold the die and pieces together on white card stock. I backed the quilt with black card stock and a white base card. The sentiment is from Beccy's Place Christmas Cardinals also backed with black card stock. I am entering these challenges:

After having the twins all day today I am beat. We pulled the cars out of the garage and let them play out there as it rained most of the day. They could ride their tricycles and roll balls down the boards. Valerie had a great time playing with a badminton racket. We baked chocolate chip cookies and set up the Christmas tree. Arthur was busy looking at the lights and Valerie wanted to know where the presents were. I guess she noticed more last year than I thought. Have a super Sunday. Thanks for stopping by. Stay safe and God bless!

Donna

5 comments:

Beccy said...

I'm a big fan of patchwork quilts Donna, and just LOVE this card! The background you created is awesome, what a fantastic die. I love your choice of papers too, they're all very festive and work beautifully together. You've done a great job fussy cutting and layering the image, I particularly like the way you popped up just the veined petals for the top portion. Well done!
Cheers,
Beccy

Crafting Queen said...

Bright and festive card. Love how you used Beccy's image. Thank you for joining Through the Craft Room Door challenge. Anesha

Suze said...

This is a lovely way to use your scraps Donna. I like the dimension on the poinsettia.

Lori m said...

Wow Donna, another beautiful Christmas card, and one of my favorite flowers. You are so amazing with all you do! Hugs, Lori m

Suzanne H said...

Wonderful quilting. The mix of papers is great. The poinsettia focal point is terrific too. I have an idea for X day and was thinking of what I could use as the focal point. I think I might just steal your idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...