Saturday, September 5, 2020

New Pad

 Happy Weekend! I got a lot of cooking done today. I made a number of dishes getting ready for tomorrow when we have the twins all day and having dinner guests to boot. So I was trying to get ahead of the game, so to speak. But I did get a lot done today and also managed to get a card done. 


One of my sons moved into a new apartment this week so I thought he needed mail at his new address (besides bills). So this is the result. The cute little frog is from Little Scraps of Heaven and was a freebie at some point. The sentiment is computer-generated (kind of hard to read: "I Heard You Have a New Pad".) I die cut the image and sentiment with Gina Marie Designs Wonky Circles and added some self-adhesive gems in the junction of the stitching. The background paper looks like a pool (which I thought was appropriate) and the green strips have dragonflies on them which I thought the frog might eat(?). The card base is kraft paper. I am entering these challenges:
That's it for me today. We have the twins tomorrow so we will be hopping all day long. They certainly keep us busy but we enjoy them so much. Our school system is going back to in person classes this week as out Covid counts mount up since the university students have come back to town. Thirty of the 40 sororities and fraternities have been quarantined or closed. Our numbers, which have been very low up until now are rising a lot each day. It's quite scary right now. I hope and pray that's not the case where you are. Stay safe and God bless!

Donna

6 comments:

Lori m said...

Love it....and great idea, something other than bills to open, hugs, Lori m

Bernadet said...

What a great card Donna!
Thanks for playing with us at Cheerful Sketches!

creationsnz said...

A great idea to make a new home card, and yes, great to have real mail instead of bills. Love your froggy too. Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, CarolG

cass said...

Cute card, I like the colour combo. Thanks for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight.

jolanda creatief bijtje said...

super leuke kaart
bedankt voor het meedoen
groetjes jolanda bongers
dt cheerful sketches

Margreet said...

Lovely card for your son. Love the background papers.
Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches.
xxx Margreet DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...