Monday, August 24, 2020

Don't Light the Candles

 Back again today with another birthday card. Stocking up since my supply has been depleted. If you've been around my blog you know how much I love plaid paper but I may have gone a little overboard this time. LOL!

There are 4 different plaid papers on this card. I originally had a plain white background and didn't like it so I added a fourth plaid paper. Maybe I should have gone for a solid color? What do you think? The cupcake image is from Beccy's Place. In my files I have it labeled birthday cupcake but I wasn't able to find it in Beccy's freebies or in the store as part of a set. The sentiment is from a Beccy's Place stamp set called Birthday Stanley and apparently it's been retired as I don't see it in the store either. But I think the sentiment is so cute! The plaid paper is from My Favorite Things Merry & Bright (retired). The white card stock layer is die cut with MFT Blueprints 13 A2 die (retired). The three smaller pieces of plaid paper are die cut with Spellbinder's Classic Rectangles Large. The ribbon is from my stash as is the blue gem that I used. I am entering these challenges:

The day is almost over. I'm thrilled to have some time to play today. I hope to get some more time tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by. I'll leave you with some pictures of the twins. I haven't posted any for a while. They started school again last week so these were taken when they got their hair cut getting ready to return to school.

                                                Valerie                                            Arthur
Please stay safe and God bless!

Donna

12 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

I love the bright plaid papers, and that is a great sentiment! Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
Melanie

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Donna! Love ALL that plaid! No, not too much at all! Great card! The cupcake was a freebie and I have it saved as Cupcake 21. I am pretty sure that was all it was ever named as I have multiple cupcake freebies from Beccy named similarly with numbers. In fact, I thought of them when I saw the sketch so if I get time I might use 3 of them, lol. But that is a big If...right now I'm preparing for a visit from Marco and Laura -- I would much rather have Arthur and Valerie visit, they are 2 cuties! XOX

Pam said...

I love plaid! Your card is so cute and I love that you used different plaids. Cute cupcakes too!
Now lets talk cute! Valerie and Arthur cute as can be, and getting soooo big!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

pssmitty papercrafts said...

Super cute card! Love the plaid backgrounds! Thanks for sharing with AHSC.

Beccy said...

Oh my goodness, the twins have grown! I always forget how fast little children grow. It just seems like yesterday when they were tiny babies.
I love your bright and cheery card Donna, and I don't think it's too much plaid, it's perfect for a fun birthday celebration. The strip of blue ribbon and the black cardstock provide a great contrast to the background. Love it!
Cheers,
Beccy
P.S. I think the cupcakes are an old freebie that has been remastered, and the sentiment might also be a freebie from the Birthday Stanley set.

*Vicki* said...

I love the different plaid panels with your cupcakes especially with those candles on top! Thanks so much for celbrating our 500th challenge with us over at the {Cupcake Inspirations} Challenge! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

NJ Stamping Queen said...

What a fun array of pastel plaids! Thanks for sharing your cheerful card with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge--hope you find time to join us again soon!
:) Marie

Lady Joyful said...

Lovely birthday card! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

carla said...

What a great card with the cupcakes.
Love it.
Thank you for joining us at Carlin's Kaartenparadijs.
God Luck !
Carla (DT)

Катерина Pioniya said...

Very brightful card! Thank you for joining us at {Cupcake Inspirations} Challenge - Pioniya, DT

Brandi said...

What a fun card, I love it! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun and pretty card- and how you got 4 plaids on there - awesome!!! Darling and Oh my the twins have grown!!! Darling pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...