Thursday, March 19, 2020

Gnome Matter What

It's been a long week, but we celebrated my FIL's 90th birthday in style; even with the Corona Virus hanging over our heads. The family and friends celebration on Saturday was a lot of fun and the family dinner on Wednesday (his real birthday) was really awesome! But I am glad to be back home,  in my own bed, even if it means we are self-quarantined. There's gnome place like home! Speaking of gnomes, here's a card I finished this evening.


The adorable gnome image is from Sheepski Designs called Giant Mushroom and is the progressive image at The Outlawz this month. I colored it with Spectrum Noir markers and die cut it with MFT Inside and Out Stitched Rounded Squares. The clouds behind the image were stenciled with MFT Cloudy Day Stencil. The sentiment "I Love You Gnome Matter What" is computer-generated. Both of the designer papers are from my stash. I found both of them at a thrift store. The cloud paper is die cut with MFT Stitched Basic Edges 2. I backed all the layers with black card stock. To finish off the card I colored a wooden heart with some of the colors I used on the gnome hats and used Gina K Crystalline Drops to make it looked stitched and give it texture. I am entering these challenges:


I did make a trip to the grocery store for some fresh stuff this afternoon. Tomorrow we are going to run over and pick up the twins and keep them for the day. They haven't been out of their tiny apartment since Sunday so I think they'll be happy to run our house for a while. We can't take them anywhere but here, everything is closed. Thanks for stopping by. We have storms moving through so I'm going to call it a night in case the electric goes out. Take care! Be safe and stay healthy!

Donna

6 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Glad you are home, Donna, and I hope you and everyone at the party will remain healthy. Sounds like your area hasn't been impacted that much yet. I'll be so glad when this pandemic is over. Your gnomes are super cute! That is a fun sketch and your card is adorable! Love your pretty papers too! Enjoy your weekend and have fun with the twins!

Lori m said...

Adorable card Donna, glad to hear the party went well, enjoy the twins they are so cute, hugs, Lori m

Pam said...

I think we will all be happy when this Pandemic is over! It's a great time for crafting and cleaning! Sounds like you had a great time! Your card is so cute, those little gnomes are adorable!
Enjoy the time with your grand-kids and stay safe!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Marianne said...

nice card, cute image

Lady said...

Very nice card, love these gnomes
Thanks for sharing at Through The Craft Room Door. See you soon...
Lady-TTCRD DT

laurie said...

So cute! I love gnomes.Thanks for joining us at ATSM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...