Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Cheers!

I actually sat down this evening to make a card since I need a lot of birthday cards this month. So my card tonight is for a very dear friend of mine. I started by looking for a sentiment that I liked. And when I found the sentiment I decided on the stamp and before I started coloring I looked for designer papers. That's kind of new for me. For some reason I usually color first and then look for papers to match. It makes a lot of sense to pick the paper first and then match the colors. I sometimes do things the hard way!


The image is Art Impressions Wine Diva colored with Spectrum Noir markers. I like Art Impressions stamps but I don't have a lot of them. This is one of my favorites. The sentiment is from MFT Anything-but-Basic Birthday Wishes. Some really cute sentiments in this set. The Cheers sentiment is from the AI set. The background paper is from my stash. I got it at a Girl Scout workshop. The image is die cut with Lawn Fawn Stitched Party Banners. The sentiment is die cut with MFT Pierced Fishtail Flags (retired), die cut twice to give both ends the flag shape. The party hat is a dimensional sticker from Miss Elizabeth's Scrapbook Stickers. Since the big banner had holes to string the banner, I covered one with the Stampin' Up! Tag punch I used for the Cheers sentiment. The other hole I covered with a flower gem very similar to the one on the top of the party hat. I actually colored the gem to make it similar in color to the one on the party hat. I like how this one turned out! Hope my friend does too. I am entering these challenges:

Still cleaning up from the renovation. Dry wall dust covers everything. We are waiting on new carpet so as soon as that is installed we'll be able to move back into our bedroom. We've been in one of the spare rooms since last October. Looking forward to getting back to normal. Tomorrow I am taking Arthur to get his hair cut. I'm afraid he won't be patient with getting his hair cut. But it really needs to be cut! Next up will be Valerie when I can get an appointment for her. Thanks for stopping by today  Hope you are having a blessed week!

Donna

4 comments:

Lori m said...

Love the sentiment, pretty card, your friend will love it, hugs, Lori m

Pam said...

This card is so cute and the image is adorable! You colored it perfectly and the stripe paper background looks great! I'm sure your friend will love it!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Heather said...

What a bright and fun birthday card - your friend will love it! I really like that lined background paper, too - beautiful colors! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Donna Scholz said...

Great card, Donna! Love the sentiment. You did a great job selecting the colors. I'm like you, I usually pick the stamp colors, then try to figure out the background papers. The way you did it makes a lot of sense, and a LOT less angst! Thank you for sharing your creativity and coloring skills with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...