Sunday, December 1, 2019

Another Card That I'm Loving

After we got home today I decided to try to make one more card for Beccy's Month of Holiday Cards challenge. I love dies and have recently started receiving Die-Cutting Essentials magazine. I haven't bought a craft magazine for some time but thought I'd try this one because each month you get a die set that comes with the magazine and the magazine uses the die a lot in that month's publication. So there are lots of ideas. I received my first issue just last week but hadn't had time to try it out. So here's my first card with my new die set.


I used Beccy's Gnarled Wreath for the base of the image. It's a freebie by the way! I colored the wreath with Spectrum Noir markers. I wanted to round the corners but my corner rounder wasn't working. I tried using the ticket punch but didn't like it. So there is a little bit of an indentation from the ticket punch and then rounded the corners. Then I used the die set from Die-Cutting Essentials issue 59 called All Wrapped Up to die cut the snowflakes from silver and purple glitter paper. I also die cut the two piece bow and glued it together. The glue is attached with pop up dots. The snowflakes were glued with Gina K Connect Glue. To finish off I used DecoTime Pearl Stickers in the center of the snowflakes and a heart shaped pearl sticker on the bow. The layers are glitter paper and black card stock on a white base card. Super pleased with this one and loving my new dies. I am entering these challenges:
Thanks again to Beccy for the wonderful month of challenges. This challenge always seem to inspire me to make some really great cards. Hope you have a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.

Donna

4 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love your colour combo with Beccy's pretty wreath! Really loving that beautiful bow too! Sounds like the magazine will be a great way to build your stash of dies! Thank you for your sweet comment on my card and for following my blog! I am your newest follower! Have a wonderful day and Happy December to you! Not sure where November went as it flew by so quickly!

Suze said...

This is lovely. I like the bright pinks. Great idea to build on to Beccy's image - it makes a great base for your snowflake dies.

Beccy said...

I never would have thought to colour the wreath red Donna, I love the look... thank you for the inspiration! The pink glitter card is fabulous and makes gorgeous snowflakes. The layered bow is pretty too. Even though you didn't quite intend to make the corners that shape, they look really good. At first I thought that was the new die you had received with your magazine. Lovely Donna!
Cheers,
Beccy

Dawn said...

How lovely Donna! The colours you have used are great together!
Thanks for sharing your wonderful work with us at QKR Stampede this week!
Good Luck
Crafty Hugs
Dawn xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...