Wednesday, November 20, 2019

R is for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Busy day today but finished this card this afternoon for Day 20 of Beccy's Month of Holiday Cards for the Letter R. Who else would I think of for R but Rudolph.


This card is mainly created with dies. I'd never used the Delight Deer dies from My Favorite Things so I thought it would make a perfect Rudolph. And I wanted to create a scene so I used a die set called Scenic Winter that I won as blog candy. It came from a magazine so I don't know which one. So the trees and house are part of that die set. I inked the sky and the pond behind the trees with Distress Oxide inks: Salty Ocean, Mermaid Lagoon and Black Soot. I also added Yellow Stickles for stars. The dies are colored with American Craft markers. The sentiment is from AlteNew Halftone Holidays. And of course I added a red dot to the deer's nose. I am entering these challenges:

Arthur's words for "R" is raimbow and rinoserous. He does say them funny. But he says rhinoceros so fast and in a funny voice it makes me smile every time he says it. I am hoping to get another card done this evening so maybe I'll be back. Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day!

Donna 

12 comments:

Vicki said...

Such a beautiful winter scene! And, of course, Rudolph is the perfect image! Love the sky!

Suze said...

Beautiful wintry scene. Rudolph is an ideal R image - though it isn't the one that I used.

aussie aNNie said...

WOW this is fabulous and love how you have displayed your scenic Christmas style for our YOUR CHRISTMAS STYLE challenge. Thanks for your entry and good luck in the draw @ DOUBLE D
{aNNie}Designer for Double D challenges

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Amazing card, reindeer delight me.
Thank you for participating in our Anything Goes Challenge at in the craft room door this week. See you in the next challenge.
greetings
Danka
TTCRD
Danki's creative passions {My Blog}

Diane said...

Super cute and fun scene and a great Rudolph!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Suzanne H said...

Wonderful scene. I love how you created the starry sky and those dies are fabulous.

Beccy said...

You did a great job creating the background Donna, it's a wonderful winter scene. Love the inky sky with the scattering of shining stars. The little house on the hill looks so cosy with the lights glowing in the windows. Rudolph is fabulous... love that red nose!
Cheers,
Beccy

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Donna, this is such a pretty scene. I really like the trees/lake combination. Cute!

Rosie Guiher said...

Ah Donna what a nice scene. Love your deer!

Pam said...

I love this beautiful winter scene Christmas card! The colors are so pretty and Rudolph looks perfect standing there with his red nose shining bright!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Darlene said...

I too enjoy making scenery cards! This is AWESOME ... love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘ Christmas Style’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Such a sweet card. Love this winter scene.
Thank you for sharing your card with us at ATSM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...