Tuesday, November 5, 2019

E is for Exploding Card and Elf

Today I had a chance to try a new tutorial for an exploding card. I've never done one before. I followed the exploding card tutorial at Beccy's Place to make the card. Lots of fun and something new to me!

This is the front of my card. I used a Bugaboo stamp image called Brat Boy Elf Sitter. He's colored with American craft markers and fussy cut. The sentiment is from Beccy's Place Dasher and Dancer stamp set die cut with CC Designs Say What Bubbles. The red background stripes are from American Craft and the brick paper is from Kaiser Craft.


I'm not sure why I only opened it this far to take the photo but it does explode out further so you can read the sentiment on the inside. I used American Craft designer paper and AlteNew Halftone Holiday stamp set on the inside. The inside reads "have a holly jolly Christmas." Arthur's word for the letter E has always been elephant. I guess he hasn't picked up many E words yet. And he's pretty clear in saying that one too. I am entering these challenges:
Hope you have a blessed day today. I have to try out a sewing machine today to see if we want to buy it. My sewing machine is more than 40 years old.This one is used but it's much newer. I don't do a lot of sewing but we'll see. Thanks for stopping by.

Donna


5 comments:

Beccy said...

What a cute little elf! Great idea to have him sitting atop the brick wall Donna, and I like the speech bubble you added as the sentiment. Fabulous bright reds and greens too. Good on you for having a go at a new type of card fold, it's always great to try something different.
Cheers,
Beccy
P.S. Good luck with the sewing machine... sometimes older models are more sturdy and reliable.

Lori m said...

Great little elf card and fantastic card style to go with your adorable image. Good luck on your sewing machine, mine is 20 years old and I'm still trying to learn how to sew more than pillows. Hugs, Lori m

Joy Wilson said...

Awesome exploding card! I just love your scene too! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

Sladjana Perisic said...

Oh my goodness, I just adore this exploding card. I may have to try this tutorial out! Thanks so much for playing along in the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Good luck with your entry and hope to see you again. Sladjana (DT for Lil Patch of Crafty Friends)

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for joining our challenge with your lovely card… Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends. Good luck in the draw!
Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...