Saturday, November 30, 2019

Doing What I Love

If you visit my blog often, you'll know that I love to make cards from sketches. It gives my brain something to think about while I'm considering other aspects of the card. So that's what I did today for Beccy's last challenge. I picked a sketch and ran with it.


I used Beccy's Silver Bells Digital Stamps colored with Spectrum Noir Markers and die cut with MFT Stitched Circles. The papers are from my scrap stash and you might also remember that I LOVE to use plaid, so I picked that paper for a reason. The card base is yellow card stock to bring out the flowers in the image. The third things that I love about this card is the layering. I love to layer and especially in dark card stock as it brings the colors of the papers and image popping off the card. So sadly this is the last challenge for Beccy's Month of Holiday Cards. This month of November has flown by. I really want to thank Beccy for her generosity and tenacity at leaving comments. She comments on every card (and this year there are over 1100 cards and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it doesn't reach 1200.). And the comments are very informative, not just "great card!" I am so impressed with the time and energy that she puts into this challenge every year. Thank you Beccy! I am entering these challenges:
We arrived home this afternoon from our Thanksgiving trip home. The twins came with us and Arthur entertained everyone with his alphabet and numbers. I noticed this weekend he is tracing the letters in the books now. Soon he'll be writing I guess. That's pretty impressive for a little guy who just turned 3. I am trying to get one more card done for this challenge. There are so many things that I love about card making that I couldn't get them all in one.  So I hope to get that one up soon. Thanks for stopping by. Have a blessed day!

Donna

5 comments:

Suze said...

This image looks great in that colour scheme. I like that sketch you used - might have to check that one out.

Beccy said...

It's absolutely my pleasure Donna. I look forward to this challenge every year and really enjoy the camaraderie it brings. I love seeing the comments people leave for each other, and the little discussions and observations that go on. Although we all live in different parts of the world, this hobby brings us together to make connections we would probably never have otherwise.

You're last card for the month is a beauty! I love how you've incorporated a number of the elements you enjoy. The yellow base really does bring out the yellow in the flowers, it's such a bright and happy colour. Your layering is awesome, I really like the different sizes and shapes. Beautiful work!
Cheers,
Beccy

Lori m said...

Another beautiful card and great take on sketches. Welcome back home, glad you had a wonderful holiday and enjoy those twins, they just grow so quick, hugs, Lori m

Heather said...

Very pretty, Donna - that bell image is gorgeous! Great coloring for it! This bright card definitely says Christmas, lol. Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

Helen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...